Join Us This Summer…
We at C. Raker & Sons and Hort Couture Plants would like to thank everyone who attended our event, "The Connection: A Rally of Independents". The weather was great for two out of the three days and an excellent time was had by all. Sid Raisch, Mark Foertmyer and Emmanuelle Ares all gave great presentations and the food and music was spectacular! Mark your calenders for next year's event, July 31 - August 2.
The gardens are now closed for the season, but make sure to visit next year. We open July 16th, 2014. For now, build your wish list for next season and compare the latest varieties of your favorites by visiting our Trial Data page.
Now that the Trials are done and the beds have been cleaned out, it's time to take a look back at some of our visitor's favorites. Remember, there are photos of each of the following items on the Trial Data pages.
Sponsor Bed: HMA
- Kwik Kombos Plum-tastic Mix (Syngenta): This was shown in a 14” hanging basket. It was spectacular all summer. This was the overall visitor favorite.
- Zinnia Zahara Sunburst (PanAmerican): Uniform habit and huge flower power all season.
- Lantana camara Prisma Magenta Yellow (Danziger): Top Showcase Sun 20” container. Lots of color.
- Coleus Gnash Rambler (Hort Couture): Top Coleus comparison. Full foliage. Even the flowers looked good.
- Coleus Dream Catcher (Amerinova): Top Showcase Shade 20” container. Vibrant Green to Red flowers.
- Angelonia AngelMist Purple Stripe (Ball): Top Angelonia Comparison. Stunning. My personal favorite.
- Lobularia White Stream (Danziger): This was shown in rows, 20” containers and 14” hanging baskets. Fantastic bright white. Showed well everywhere.
- Portulaca Salmon Pink (Brazil Discovery/Athena Brazil): Top Portulaca comparison. Lush all summer long.
- Snapdragon Liberty Classic Bronze (Goldsmith): Top Snapdragon comparison. Held up the best throughout the season.
- Geranium Master Idols Flame (Olglevee): Top Geranium 14” hanging basket comparison. Very full. Large long lasting bright flowers.